Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Serial Number Placement

Recenty, quite by chance, I became aware of serial number placement different from the usual location on the bottom bracket. If anyone has more information, or examples, please send me an email (address at end).

This photo came from a reader who owns a Cinelli track bike said to be used in the 1960 Olympics, note also initials RE:



These photos came from another reader of a Cinelli Model B and a 1940s Super Lusso:
Model B

1940s Super Lusso

Typical Cinelli serial number placement:

Reminder: I invite you to contribute by sending in photographs of your Cinelli bike, illustrations, personal stories, and articles about Cinelli bikes and components. I can be contacted at veronaman@gmail.com 

4 comments:

  1. Please Angel ask if it's possible to post complete photos of 1940s Cinelli Super Lusso!!!!

    Pipco82

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pipco82: send me an email at veronaman@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. what it means "RE"??? Cino

    ReplyDelete
  4. Non lo so (I don't know). Maybe the initials of the rider it was made for?

    ReplyDelete