Thursday, February 24, 2011

1951 Cinelli Advertisement


My sincere thanks to Gary, from England, who writes, "Researched Cinelli as a teenager racing in the early 70s. I was saving up for one but went for a Hetchins as there was a 3 months wait for a Cinelli my size.

I will will try to find the rest of the Cinelli stuff that has been stashed away for the last 30 years. This advertisement comes from the November 8, 1951 pullout supplement from the Earls Court cycle show."

As you can see three models were offered:

MODEL S.C. LUSSO, with Reynolds 531 tubing
MODEL B ROMA
MODEL C CORSA

There were five styles of handlebars available:
San Remo
GranFondo
Giro d'Italia
Pista
Koblet

The ad was placed by the sole importer and general distributor for the UK,
VECEL & CO ,LTD 17 MOXON STREET LONDON W1.

Prices at the time were in pound shillings and pence.

Click on photos to enlarge.

I invite you to contribute by sending in photographs of your Cinelli bike, illustrations, personal stories, and articles about Cinelli bikes and components.

Thanks for stopping by.

I can be contacted at veronaman@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment