Friday, September 3, 2010

Eros Poli at 1987 World Championships


I was chatting with my friend Eros Poli about the bikes he rode in the Olympics and World Championships.

His reply, "For the World Championships of 1985, 1986 and 1987, and the 1988 Olympics we rode Cinelli. My gold medal at the 1984 Olympics in Los Angeles was won on a Rossin."

Photo: courtesy of Eros; he is riding in the second position at the 1987 World Championships (click on photo to enlarge) which was won by the the Italian team.

Eros, perhaps best known for his unlikely victory of the Mont Ventoux stage in 1994 at the Tour de France, now owns his own bike touring company based in Verona, Italy. See www.eros-poli.com for more information.

I invite you to contribute by sending in photographs of your Cinelli bike, illustrations, personal stories, and articles about Cinelli bikes and components.

Thanks for stopping by.

I can be contacted at veronaman@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment